How to manage fiber optic patch cords?
As we all know, the optical fiber jumper is used to make the jumper from the equipment to the optical fiber cabling link. It has a thicker protective layer and is generally used for the connection between the optical transceiver and the terminal box. So do you know how to manage fiber optic patch cords? What are the precautions for the construction of optical fiber jumpers?
How to manage fiber optic patch cords
1. Steps of jumper content:
Step 1: Identify the optical communication and the computer room, and find the optical splitter.
Step 2: Identify the splitter number.
Step 3: Find the splitter port configured on the ticket.
Step 4: Find the port that accesses the user's optical fiber core sequence.
Step 5: Jump from the splitter port to the user optical cable port.
2. Basic knowledge and specifications of fiber jumpers:
1) The fiber jumper operation must meet the principles of neatness in the ODF frame, optical crossover, and integrated box, beautiful wiring, easy operation, and less space occupation.
2) The length of the fiber jumper must be within the range of 500mm excess length.
3) Jumpers with insufficient length shall not be used, and flanges are not allowed to connect two jumpers.
4) Each jumper should ensure that the radius of curvature is greater than 400mm.
5) General requirements for fiber walking:
①For the optical fiber that is routed on the upper side, it should be disconnected from the outside of the ODF frame, select the most suitable fiber reel column, and run the fiber upward on the inside of the ODF frame, horizontally on the lower edge of the ODM, and vertically up to the corresponding terminal.
②A fiber jumper is only allowed to go up in the ODF frame once (along the outside of the ODF frame), go up once (along the inner side of the ODF frame), and travel one coiled fiber column. It is strictly forbidden to wind, cross, and hang between multiple coiled fiber columns. , that is, the upper edge of each coiled fiber column shall not have fibers entangled.
③ According to the specific situation of the site, the binding regulations should be arranged after the fiber jumpers are sorted out at the beginning of adaptation.
④All fiber jumpers must be placed inside the ODF frame, and it is strictly forbidden to place them outside the frame, fly wires, etc.
⑤Ultra-long fiber jumpers for emergency use should be hung on the inner fiber tray according to the rules, and must not affect future fiber jumpers.
3. Fiber jumper type and length control
1) Select the corresponding fiber jumper (SC-SC, FC-FC, SC-FC) according to the flange head on the splitter and fiber splitter box
2) The jumper fiber from the optical splitter to the user's optical cable should be controlled within 50CM. Generally, pigtails of 1m, 2m, 2m, 5m, and 3m are used.
3) The ONU and the fiber optic terminal in the user terminal box generally use a 50CM short pigtail.
4. Fiber jumper label management and specification
1) All fiber jumper labels must be marked by machine, and handwriting is not allowed.
2) In the equipment room, optical interchange, and corridors, labels should be attached to both ends of the jumper fiber from the optical splitter to the user's leather cable.
3) The effect after completion is: unified standard length, according to the terminal position gap, the labels are not staggered and stacked.
4) The front side is the name of the light path, and the back side is the light path code and barcode, with the same orientation.
5) The transition text sags with the pigtail and naturally faces upwards.
5. Carry out the necessary optical path test
After each optical fiber jumper is completed, it needs to be tested. The test steps are as follows:
1) Use an optical power meter to test the 1490 wavelength at the exit of the optical splitter, and the optical power should be less than -22dB.
2) The user end uses the optical power meter to test at the wavelength of 1490, the receiving optical power should be less than -23dB, and the maximum sensitivity of the ONU is generally -24dB.
3) Use ONU equipment to debug the Internet for users.
4) If there is no light received, the visible light source (red light) can be used to judge whether the fiber is wrong.
5) If there is no wrong fiber but there is still no light, when the live loss is large, the ONU cannot work normally, you can inform the optical cable maintenance department to deal with it.
6. Resource management
It is strictly forbidden to change the fiber sequence of the construction order without authorization. The optical path resources need to be changed during the installation, removal and maintenance process. Record the relevant information of the optical path on the work order, and timely feedback it to the resource department for updates.
What are the precautions for the construction of optical fiber jumpers
1. Types and uses of pigtails
According to the existing ODF rack and equipment port standards, fiber jumpers can be divided into the following types:
(1) According to the interface type: pigtail interface can be divided into FC, SC, LC three kinds of interfaces, combined together, the two ends are: FC-FC, SC-SC, LC-LC, FC-SC, FC-LC, SC -LC, a total of six fiber jumper types.
(2) According to the length of the interface: the pigtails are 1.5 meters, 2 meters, 3 meters, 5 meters, 10 meters, 15 meters and 20 meters. The ones we often use are generally 3 meters, 5 meters, 10 meters, 15 meters and 20 meters.
(3) Purpose: FC interface is used for ODF frame to connect remote core; SC interface is used for ODF frame (less) and equipment, such as OLT and ONU equipment interface in EPON, photoelectric converter interface, etc.; LC interface only on the interface of the device. Two of the three fiber core interfaces are combined to realize the physical connection between the ODF and the ODF rack, between the ODF rack and the equipment, and between the equipment and the equipment.
2. Preparations and precautions before the fiber jumper:
Because before fiber jumpers, the demand for fiber jumpers is generally based on business needs. But for different needs, the jumper equipment is different, and the preparation work that needs to be done is also different. Therefore, there must be clear work ideas and clear work goals before fiber jumpers, otherwise, there will be situations where the fiber jumpers are not brought correctly or are not brought together, so that the work tasks cannot be completed on time, and the work goals cannot be realized on time. , affecting the development of the company's business. Therefore, the preparation work before fiber jumper is very important to the realization of the work goal. The off-site preparations are generally done outside the computer room. The following preparations are required, and finally the matters needing attention.
1) Off-site preparations before fiber jumper:
①Working ideas preparation: What is the purpose of the jumper? What equipment needs to be jumpered? What is the interface of the equipment? What type of fiber patch is needed? Well thought out.
② Tools preparation: optical power meter (including fiber jumpers for testing), red light pen, tube sleeve, label paper, oil-based pen, notepad, pliers, electric tape.
③ Material preparation: fiber jumpers, optical modules, the quantity, type or length of the corresponding materials are determined according to the needs.
④Preparation of disk information: In the case of interconnection between different computer rooms, you must first understand the relevant information on the computer room disk and record it in a notepad.
2) Precautions for off-site and off-site fiber jumpers:
①If you need to bring a module, you should pay attention to the type, distance, wavelength and other parameters of the module;
②The fiber core should pay attention to the interface type and length, and pay attention to whether it needs to cross the cabinet, how far apart the cabinets are, and whether it needs to go through the distribution frame.
③Be careful to bring spare modules and fiber jumpers. At least one spare module and a pair of corresponding fiber jumpers should be prepared.
3. Preparations on site before fiber jumper
① Untie the pigtail tape, and unfold the two pigtails separately. After they are fully unfolded, the same interfaces are connected together. After straightening, the two jumpers are bundled together with electrical tape;
②If the fiber cores in different computer rooms are jumpered, you can contact the colleagues in the remote computer room by phone first to test whether the pigtails can be used normally, whether the ODF rack surface is wrong, and test whether the optical loss of the cables is normal; if it is the equipment in the computer room where the site is located Interconnect, connect relevant equipment, and test whether the pigtail can be used normally;
③Use a notepad to copy down the serial number of the module to be used, the length and type of the fiber core to facilitate asset management.
4. Precautions in the field of fiber jumpers
①There are three cases for jumper connection: jumper connection in the same cabinet, jumper connection between adjacent cabinets and jumper connection across cabinets. The difference is that the pigtails across the cabinets should be protected by sleeves when crossing the cabinets, and those with patch panels should go through the patch panels.
②When connecting pigtails, connect one end of the fiber core to the device first, and route the other end from the left side facing the cabinet. OK, then connect the other end to the device or the ODF rack. The ODF rack enters the cable from the hole on the left side of the ODF rack, and the phenomenon of flying wires cannot occur.
③ After the fiber core is jumped, label paper should be attached, and the label should be marked according to the naming requirements.
④After labeling, do a good job of registering the usage of the core of the ODF frame. and record it with a notepad.
⑤ Collect the protective caps of the modules and pigtails and put them in a small box at the bottom of the cabinet for future use.
5. Finishing work after fiber jumper:
Before leaving the computer room:
①Contact relevant colleagues to test whether the fiber core has been connected and whether the jumper target has been completed;
②After confirming that the fiber jumper work is successfully completed, carry out on-site tool sorting, and clean up pigtail packaging bags and other garbage to keep the environment of the equipment room clean and tidy;
③Turn off the lights in the computer room, check again whether there is anything left in the computer room, and lock the door of the computer room when leaving.
The above is the entire content of how to manage the fiber jumper and the precautions for the construction of the fiber jumper. Of course, the fiber should not be bent and looped excessively during use, which will increase the attenuation of light during transmission. After use, be sure to protect the optical fiber connector with a protective sleeve, dust and oil will damage the coupling of the optical fiber.