Fiber splicing skills (how to splicing optical fibers)
The longest distance of traditional network cables can only be 100m, and the bandwidth is limited. Now the home network has entered the era of 10M bandwidth, users are eager to improve the network speed, 1000M is the goal, but for the twisted pair, although the Category 6 cable can be used to meet the transmission needs of 1G, the Category 6 cable is very troublesome to make. Moreover, the requirements for connecting devices at both ends are also very high, and various attenuation parameters cannot reduce the requirements. Therefore, the most effective medium for breaking the 1G transmission speed is still optical fiber. ZR Cable will introduce to readers how to use tools to splicing broken fiber pigtails to meet actual needs. The welding method is very simple, the key is skill.
Optical fiber fusion splicer Special optical fiber cutter Special optical fiber stripper (buy a complete set of optical fiber fusion splicer)
Medical cotton, alcohol, scissors, black tape, cable ties
Pigtail Splice Box Hose Fiber Head
Fiber splicing skills
1. Select the fiber type: The fiber is divided into single-mode and multi-mode, and must be the same type of fiber to be spliced together. Most of the commonly used fibers are single-mode fibers, which have long transmission distance, low loss and low dispersion. Generally, a pigtail with a yellow jacket and a blue head is single-mode.
2. Select the corresponding optical fiber head: common pigtail heads have square heads at both ends, round heads at both ends, one side and one round, etc. Before fusion splicing, check what type of interface the photoelectric converter to be connected is, and how should it be equipped? kind of connector.
3. Optical fiber peeling: First, roughly estimate the length of the optical fiber, reserve about 70cm, and peel off the black outer skin. Take special care not to damage the inner fiber, otherwise it will have to be stripped again. If the fiber length is not enough, it will be a tragedy. The outer layer of the optical fiber is very hard. Different optical fibers have different stripping methods. Try it yourself.
4. Cable installation: After stripping the optical fiber, we usually use the fusion splice box to fix the optical fiber, and put the optical fiber wrapped in the black protective sheath from the rear of the storage box into the optical fiber storage box. The optical fiber is wrapped around and fixed in the optical fiber storage box to prevent it from loosening during daily use. This step is very important.
5. Cleaning the optical fiber: Before stripping the innermost protective cover of the optical fiber, install the fixing hose first. The inner glass fiber must be clean when splicing, so we must clean the glass filament before the splicing work starts. The more common method is to use a cotton swab dipped in alcohol, and then wipe and clean each small fiber.
6. Fiber cutting: This is a very important step. The quality of the fusion splicing effect depends on whether the cutting is good or not. Be sure to clean the fiber head and special cutter before cutting.
7.Optical fiber fusion splicing: Put the two optical fiber heads to be spliced in the machine and start fusion splicing. If you can see that the section of the fiber is very uneven, you must take it out and cut it again.