Fiber optic cable selection and precautions
The selection of optical cables is not only based on the number of optical fibers and the type of optical fibers, but also the structure and outer sheath of the optical cable according to the use environment of the optical cable.
1. When the outdoor optical cable is directly buried, loose armored optical cable should be selected. For overhead use, a loose-sheathed fiber optic cable with black PE outer sheath with two or more reinforcing ribs can be used.
2. When selecting the optical cable used in the building, the tight sleeve optical cable should be selected and attention should be paid to its flame retardant, toxic and smoke characteristics. Generally, the flame-retardant but smoke-free type (Plenum) or the flammable and non-toxic type (LSZH) can be used in the pipeline or forced ventilation, and the flame-retardant, non-toxic and smoke-free type (Riser) should be used in the exposed environment.
3. When cabling vertically or horizontally in the building, you can choose the tight-sleeve optical cable, distribution optical cable or branch optical cable that is common in the building.
4. Select single-mode and multi-mode optical cables according to network application and optical cable application parameters. Usually indoor and short-distance applications are dominated by multi-mode optical cables, and outdoor and long-distance applications are dominated by single-mode optical cables.
What should be paid attention to in the project design of optical fiber?
Optical fibers are getting closer and closer to user terminals. What are the meanings of "fiber to the desktop" and what factors should be paid attention to in system design?
In the application of "fiber to the desktop" in the horizontal subsystem, the relationship with copper cables is complementary and indispensable. Optical fiber has its unique advantages, such as long transmission distance, stable transmission, not affected by electromagnetic interference, high support bandwidth, and no electromagnetic leakage. These characteristics make optical fiber play an irreplaceable role in copper cables in some specific environments:
1. When the information point transmission distance is greater than 100m, if you choose to use copper cable. It is necessary to add repeaters or add network equipment and weak current rooms, thereby increasing costs and hidden troubles, which can be easily solved by using optical fibers.
2. There are a large number of electromagnetic interference sources in specific working environments (such as factories, hospitals, air-conditioning computer rooms, power computer rooms, etc.), and optical fibers can be immune to electromagnetic interference and operate stably in these environments.
3. There is no electromagnetic leakage in the optical fiber, and it is very difficult to detect the signal transmitted in the optical fiber. It is a good choice in places with high confidentiality requirements (such as military, R&D, auditing, government and other industries).
4.In environments with high demand for bandwidth, reaching more than 1G, optical fiber is a good choice.