Cable routing attention to reduce fiber signal attenuation
In daily life, we often use optical cables for signal propagation, such as the network cable that we are most inseparable from, but have you considered the impact of wiring on network signals?
Optical cable routing
The main reasons for the rapid development of optical fiber cables are the following characteristics:
1. The transmission bandwidth is very wide and the communication capacity is large;
Second, the transmission loss is small, the relay distance is long, especially suitable for long-distance transmission;
3. Strong anti-lightning and anti-electromagnetic interference ability;
Fourth, the confidentiality is good, and it is not easy to be eavesdropped or intercepted;
5. Small size and light weight;
6. Low bit error rate and high transmission reliability;
Seven, prices are falling.
Regarding the attenuation of optical fiber signals, it is mainly divided into two aspects: internal attenuation and external attenuation. Intrinsic attenuation is determined by the material the fiber is made of, while extrinsic attenuation is closely related to the construction process. Therefore, in terms of reducing internal attenuation, we must not only learn to choose the appropriate optical fiber, but also know how to route the optical cable, thereby reducing the attenuation of the optical fiber signal.
Fiber types used in three common environments:
1. If the transmission distance is less than 2km, you can choose multi-mode fiber. If it exceeds 2km, you can use relay or single-mode fiber.
2. When selecting optical fibers used in buildings, attention should be paid to their flame retardant and smoke characteristics. Generally, the type of flame retardant but smoke can be used in the pipeline or forced ventilation; if it is in an exposed environment, the type of flame retardant, non-toxic and smoke-free should be used.
3. When the outdoor optical cable is directly buried, the armored optical cable should be selected. When overhead, an optical fiber with a black plastic outer jacket with two or more reinforcing ribs can be used. There are several basic requirements for fiber optic cabling:
1. The detection optical fiber is stored in the cable reel, and the protective packaging is reserved before installation, and the cable reel is kept upright to prevent the cable from falling and damaging the detection optical fiber. During storage and transportation, always pay attention to detecting the bending radius and tension limit of the optical fiber.
2. During the optical fiber wiring process, the tensile force of 00.9 fiber is less than 4Kg; the tensile force of medium 3 fiber is less than 10Kg; the tensile force of armored fiber is less than 30Kg
3. When the on-site optical fiber is paid off, the slender rod should be horizontally passed through the center of the optical fiber winding reel, and the reel should be rotated to pay off. It is forbidden to place the optical fiber reel upright on the ground, and rotate the optical fiber from the reel to pay off.
4. The end of the optical fiber away from the temperature measurement host should be handled as follows: Take the last 30 cm long 00.9 fiber (if there is a sheath or armor, remove it), and wrap the fiber around a small circle with a diameter of 1 cm for 10 turns.
5. The bending radius of the detection fiber must be greater than 30mm, and the detection fiber should not be severely worn or crushed when passing through walls or pipes.
6. When multiple optical fibers pass through the same long metal or PVC pipe, it is necessary to ensure that the optical fibers are passed through one time, and the optical fibers cannot be passed through multiple times. 7. The detection fiber is prohibited from falling, vigorously twisting, gravitational impact, overstretching, etc., to avoid the detection of fiber core breakage. 8. The type and specification of the optical fiber used in the project should meet the design regulations and requirements.
The following points should also be considered during construction:
1. Before carrying out optical fiber wiring, be sure to select technical personnel who have received strict training to perform optical fiber termination and maintenance. In addition, very complete design and construction drawings must be prepared for convenient and reliable construction and future inspections.
2. Be careful not to put the optical cable under heavy pressure during the wiring process, and place the optical cable carefully to prevent it from being worn and punctured by hard objects. Also, the traction force should not exceed the maximum lay tension.
3. The length of one laying should not be too long (usually 2km, when wiring, it should be pulled from the middle to both sides).
4. In the process of laying optical fibers, the influence of bends should also be considered. Generally, the turn of the fiber should be larger than 20 times the diameter of the fiber itself.
5. If the wiring needs to pass through walls and floors, be sure to add a protective plastic tube with a protective port to the optical fiber, and fill the tube with flame-retardant filler. A certain amount of plastic pipes can also be pre-laid in the building.
6. When optical fibers are used in the backbone network, at least 6-core optical cables should be used in the wiring room of each floor, and 12-core optical cables can be used as far as possible for advanced applications. This is considered from three aspects: application, backup and expansion.
7. The most important thing for long-distance optical fiber laying is to choose a suitable path. The shortest path is not necessarily the most ideal, and attention should also be paid to the use rights of the land, the possibility of erection or burial, etc.
8. When laying in mountainous areas and high-voltage power grid areas, pay attention to the reliable grounding of metal objects in the optical fiber. Generally, there are 3 grounding points per kilometer, or non-metallic optical fibers are used.
Through the introduction of Finite, do you have a certain understanding of fiber optic cabling? Fiber optic cabling is the general trend and has gradually become the dominant building wiring medium. In the near future, since the optical fiber can be equipped with no wiring room and active hardware, the cost of intermediate links can be saved, and the total cost can be greatly reduced, so the application of optical fiber to the desktop will also be realized.