Model and selection of multimode fiber
What are the models of multimode fiber optic patch cords?
Generally divided according to the joint, there are four kinds of SC, FC, LC, ST, but now MPO has also begun to popularize. According to the core type, it is also divided into single-mode, multi-mode, dual-core, single-core, Gigabit, 10 Gigabit, etc.
Multimode fiber jumpers are divided into: SC FC ST LC MTRJ SC and LC are square heads (SC is a large square head, LC is a small square head) FC and ST are round heads, and the color green is carrier-grade, that is, APC (now there are also The jumpers that are not green are also carrier-grade jumpers, depending on how the manufacturer does it) Blue is for SC connectors, generally only SC has black ones, which are FC and ST. (The network level is generally used for short-distance network transmission, and equipment such as fiber optic transceivers and switches can be used for terminal fiber splicing. Advantages The loss of the network is large, and the loss of telecommunications is small.
According to the structure of the connector, it can be divided into: FC jumper, SC jumper, ST jumper, LC jumper, MTRJ jumper, MPO jumper, MU jumper, SMA jumper, FDDI jumper, E2000 jumper, DIN4 jumper Jumper, D4 jumper and so on. The more common fiber jumpers can also be divided into FC-FC, FC-SC, FC-LC, FC-ST, SC-SC, SC-ST, etc.
Multi-mode fiber (MulTI-mode Fiber): Generally, the fiber patch cord is represented by orange, and some are represented by gray, and the connector and protective sleeve are in beige or black; the transmission distance is short.
What are the commonly used 8-core multimode optical cable models?
The 8-core optical cable is a communication cable with 8 built-in optical fibers (the composition is silica and quartz glass). With a variety of structural models and two transmission modes, it is a widely used communication optical cable.
In terms of model selection, the 8-core optical cable mainly has two types of outdoor and indoor models. The outdoor ones are GYXTW, GYTS, GYTA, GYTA53; the indoor ones are GJFJV.
1. GYXTW: The central beam tube type tape armor structure can accommodate 4-12 cores and is suitable for overhead laying.
2. GYTS: layered tape armor structure, can accommodate 4-144 cores, suitable for buried and pipeline laying. (When buried, a layer of PVC pipe is required)
3. GYTA: layered with aluminum structure, can accommodate 4-144 cores, suitable for buried and pipeline laying. (When buried, a layer of PVC pipe is required)
The nominal diameter of the core wire of the multimode fiber is 62.5μm/125μm. or 50μm/125μm. Specifications (number of cores) are 2, 4, 6, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 36, 48, 60, 72, 84, 96 cores, etc. Cable outer sheath materials are common type; common flame retardant; low smoke halogen free type; low smoke halogen free flame retardant type.
Multimode fiber optic cable selection
1. From the perspective of future development trends, the horizontal cabling network speed needs to be 1Gb/s bandwidth to the desktop, the main building backbone network needs to be upgraded to 10Gb/s rate bandwidth, and the campus backbone network needs to be upgraded to 10Gb/s or 100Gb/s rate bandwidth . Network applications are growing at a rate of about 50% per year. It is expected that Gigabit to the desktop will become as common as 100M to the desktop in the next five years. Therefore, system planning must be forward-looking, and Category 6 cabling should be considered in the horizontal part. , the backbone part should consider 10 Gigabit multimode optical cable, especially the difference in cost of Category 6 copper cable plus 10 Gigabit multimode optical cable and Category 5 copper cable plus Gigabit multimode optical cable is less than 10~20%. From the perspective of long-term application, if the cost allows, the use of Category 6 copper cable plus 10 Gigabit optical cable should be considered.
2. From an investment point of view, OpTISPEED (ordinary multimode 62.5/125) is used in places where 10G will not be used for at least 10 years; because OM3 optical cable uses low-cost VCSEL and 850nm light source equipment, the cost of 10G transmission is greatly reduced . If the distance is not more than 150 meters, choose LazrSPEED150 (OM250/125 supports 10G 150m); LazrSPEED300 is the best choice for 300m 10G transmission; LazrSPEED550 is the best choice for 550m 10G transmission; Mega transmission requirements, you need to choose TeraSPEED, that is, a single-mode fiber optic cable system.
Multimode fiber optic cable fiber optic cable selection:
The selection of optical cable is not only based on the number of optical fibers and the type of optical fiber, but also the outer sheath of the optical cable according to the use environment of the optical cable. The application of optical fiber network is very common. To directly bury without pipe, overhead or buried pipe, etc., it is necessary to choose optical cables of different structures, overhead and pipe commonly used armored optical cables generally use GYXTW central bundle type armored optical fiber cable or GYTA loose layer Stranded armored fiber optic cable, GYTS layered armored fiber optic cable, etc., metal heavy armored optical cable for direct burial is generally layered structure such as: GYTA53 loose-sheathed layered stranded reinforced core armored fiber optic cable, GYTY53 single-armor double-sheathed cable direct buried cable
The optical cables used in power and industrial control fields use non-metallic optical cables such as: ADSS power optical cables, DCHTY loose-tube stranded non-metallic reinforced core optical cables, and the following different modal optical fibers can be selected according to different optical fiber lengths and network bandwidth requirements. Multimode 62 .5/125 gigabit length does not exceed 275 meters, 50.5/125 gigabit length does not exceed 550 meters, single-mode 9/125 gigabit length is unlimited.
The price of single-mode is cheap. Since the optical fiber network is a system composed of many optical fiber products, it is hoped that customers can choose a complete series of products. Because optical fiber network construction and testing instruments and tools are very expensive, and professionals are required to conduct construction testing, it is better to choose products from companies with strong service capabilities.
Multimode fiber optic cables transmit multiple modes of fiber at a given operating wavelength. According to the distribution of its refractive index, it is divided into abrupt type and graded type. The numerical aperture of ordinary multimode fiber is 0.2±0.02, the core diameter/outer diameter is 50μm/125μnu, and its transmission parameters are bandwidth and loss. Since there are hundreds of modes transmitted in multimode fiber, the propagation constants and group rates of each mode are different, which makes the bandwidth of the fiber narrow, the dispersion large, and the loss also large. It is only suitable for short-to-medium distance and small-capacity optical fiber communication systems .