Matters needing attention during transportation and installation of optical cables
The optical fiber in the optical cable needs special protection, which requires the following matters to be paid attention to during the transportation, laying and installation of the optical cable:
fiber optic cable transportation
1. The optical cable reel equipped with optical cable should be rolled in the direction marked on the side panel of the reel. The distance should not be too long, generally not more than 20 meters. When rolling, care should be taken to prevent obstacles from damaging the packaging board.
2. Lifting equipment such as forklifts or special steps should be used when loading and unloading optical cables.
3. It is strictly forbidden to lay or stack the optical cable reels with optical cables, and the optical cable reels in the carriage must be fortified with wooden blocks.
4. The optical cable should not be reversed multiple times to avoid the integrity of the internal structure of the optical cable. Before laying the optical cable, a single reel inspection and acceptance should be carried out to check the specifications, model, quantity, test length and attenuation. There is a product factory inspection certificate (should be kept in a safe place for future inquiries), and be careful not to damage the optical cable when removing the cable shield.
5. During the construction process, it should be noted that the bending radius of the optical cable shall not be less than the construction regulations, and the optical cable is not allowed to be excessively bent.
6. The overhead optical cable should be pulled by pulleys. The overhead optical cable should avoid friction with buildings, trees and other facilities, avoid dragging the floor or rubbing with other sharp and hard objects and damage the cable sheath. If necessary, protective measures should be installed. It is strictly forbidden to forcibly pull the optical cable after jumping out of the pulley to prevent the optical cable from being crushed and damaged.
7. When designing the optical cable line, try to avoid the easy building. If it is unavoidable, the optical cable should take fire protection measures.
8. In the construction of optical cable laying with comparative section length, if it needs to be reversed, the optical cable must be placed in accordance with the "8" dial. Leave the cable fully twisted.
9. The selection of optical cable splice boxes must meet the requirements of the YD/T814-1996 standard, and ensure that the curvature radius of the optical fiber in the splice box is not less than 37.5MM, and the remaining length of the optical fiber in the splice box is not less than 1.6M. The reinforcing member is firmly fixed on the splice box, there is no twist between the optical cable and the splice box, and the splice box has excellent sealing performance, which can prevent the entry of water vapor.
10. When the optical cable is connected, the joint attenuation should be based on the average value of the OTDR bidirectional test.
11. After the laying of the optical cable is completed, if the connection cannot be processed in time, both ends of the optical cable should be sealed to prevent moisture from invading the optical fiber.
12. When the optical cable is connected, if it cannot be connected for many times, it is recommended to cut off a section before connecting (because the cable end may be mechanically damaged during construction).
13.After the optical cable connection is completed, an appropriate amount of optical cable should be reserved at both ends of the optical cable splice box, and it should be firmly coiled on the remaining cable rack.