Optical cable line engineering fault classification
Now is the era of optical communication, so optical cable is indispensable for our communication transmission, but there are many factors that can cause the failure of optical cable line engineering. How should we deal with it at this time? According to the optical fiber blocking of the faulty optical cable, the fault types can be divided into three types: complete optical cable break, partial bundle tube interruption, and partial optical fiber interruption in a single bundle tube. Let's take a look at the solutions to different optical cable line engineering faults.
fiber optic line
fiber optic cable broken
If there are reservations on both sides of the site, take centralized reservations and add a joint to deal with them;
If there is a connector near the fault point and there is enough reservation on site, take the method of pulling the reservation and using the original connector to deal with it;
There are neither reservations nor joints near the fault point, so it should be solved by means of continuation of the cable.
Part of the bundle in the cable is interrupted or part of the fiber in the single bundle is interrupted
The repair is based on the premise of not affecting other fibers in use. It is recommended to use the skylight connection method to repair the faulty fiber.
Cause Analysis of Optical Cable Line Failure
The reasons for the failure of optical cable lines can be roughly divided into four categories: external factors, natural disasters, defects of the optical cable itself and human factors.
Line failure caused by external factors
1. Excavation by external force: To deal with the failure of the excavator construction, the optical cable of the pipeline is opened to check whether the optical cable is damaged in the manual well near the fault point, and the optical cable is interrupted by the bidirectional test.
2. Vehicle hang-up: When dealing with vehicle hang-up faults, you should first conduct a two-way test on the optical cable at the fault point to confirm the number of blocked optical cables, and then deal with them in a targeted manner.
3. Shooting: This type of fault generally does not interrupt all optical fibers, but damages some parts of the optical cable or optical fibers, but it is difficult to find such faults.
Line failures caused by natural disasters
Rat bites and bird pecks, fires, floods, strong winds, ice, lightning strikes, electric shocks
Line failure caused by the fiber itself
1. Natural fiber breakage: Since the fiber is drawn from glass and plastic fibers, it is relatively fragile. Static fatigue will occur over time, and the fiber will gradually age and cause natural fiber breakage. Or water enters the splice box, resulting in increased fiber loss or even fiber breakage.
2. Influence of ambient temperature: If the temperature is too low, the water in the splice box will freeze, and the optical cable sheath will shrink longitudinally, and the pressure will be applied to the optical fiber to produce micro-bending, which will increase the attenuation or interrupt the optical fiber. If the temperature is too high, it is easy to damage the cable sheath and other protective materials and affect the characteristics of the optical fiber.
The above is the fault classification of the optical cable line project explained for you. When our optical cable line project encounters the above faults, you can refer to the response. Focus on the research and development and sales of optical communication products, optical fiber products include optical fiber jumpers, optical fiber adapters, mpo/mtp data centers, etc.